Dewar Electronics introduces GarretCom’s new IEC 61850-compatible, substation-hardened managed Ethernet switches with the Magnum 10KT Managed Switches, which include industry leading sub-10anosecond timing precision, the first dual hot-swappable power supplies in a 1U rack mount switch, and up to 36 ports, which can be configured to meet the needs of each installation, including up to for GB ports.
The Magnum 10KT Managed Ethernet Switches are ideal for power utility applications and are available in a substation hardened enclosure, which uses advanced thermal design techniques that allows the switches to run cooler and more efficiently. The Magnum 10KT Managed Ethernet Switches come with the enhanced version of the Magnum MNS 6K software, which is field-proven with robust inbuilt security features.
Features of GarretCom’s Magnum 10KT Managed Switches:
- Precision timing using IEEE 1588
- Unmatched time synchronisation based on the IEEE 1588v2 protocol to provide the sub-microsecond timing accuracy required in substation applications.
- The 1588v2 timing features include master clock, boundary clock, and transparent clock.
- Highly configurable with up to 36 ports, including up to four Gb ports
- Magnum 10KT configurations provide 10 slots for combinations of port types and support up to 36 100Mb fibre and copper ports, four of which may be Gigabit.
- Provides connectivity that is necessary in IP -intensive substations and reduces the potential points of failure in a substation communications system.
- Industry’s first dual hot-swappable power supplies in a 1U rack-mount switch