GarrettCom, represented by Dewar Electronics in Australia, have announced a new model to their line of media converters. The new Magnum CSG14U universal converter switch can handle any Gigabit fibre type multi-mode and single-mode and fiber media distance with a selection of Gb SFP fiber transceivers, up to two of which can be plugged in.
The Magnum CSG14U can also handle any 100Mb fibre media type and distance in the same way, with a selection of 100Mb SFP fibre transceivers that similarly plug in. For copper media attachment, there is a 10/100/1000 auto-negotiating RJ-45 port. Where Gb Ethernet is in use, the CSG14U is universal and converts all media combinations.
The two new models for industrial grade application environments are hardened for factory floors and premium-rated for -40°C to 75°C and outdoors.
Following are the features of Magnum CSG14U:
- Provides two SFP open transceiver fibre switch ports and one 10/100/1000Mb copper switch port
- Each SFP port accepts either Gb or 100Mb fibre SFP transceivers
- Integral terminal blocks for 12, 24, 48V DC power input, external AC power supply optional
- Full range of Gb Fibre transceivers supported: multi-mode SX (both short and extended distance); and single-mode LC (full distance range of options available)
- Both factory floor and Premium (outdoor) models also have integral DC power terminal blocks for 12V, 24V, or -48V DC
- DIN-Rail mounting for factory floor applications
- Rack mount option
- Conformal coating (optional)
- Same mounting options, hardened packaging, and power input types as the Magnum 14-series media converters