GarrettCom, represented by Dewar Electronics in Australia, have unveiled the new Magnum DX1000 Industrial Router and DX1000 Terminal Server, at DistribuTECH 2009. The new Magnum DX1000 products provide flexibility, reliability and cyber security for utility substations and other critical environments.
The DX1000 products are new components of the company’s GarrettCom CrossBow architecture, providing a unified cyber security solution including wide-area network connectivity, an electronic security perimeter and network access controls for North American utilities wanting to meet, NERC CIP standards compliance deadline.
Critical infrastructure protection by the Magnum DX1000 brings challenges when applied to power utility substations and other remote installations where advanced cyber security should be combined with high reliability and a tolerance for harsh environmental conditions.
Following are the features of the new Magnum DX1000 products:
- Large models in the DX line, with up to 2 WAN, 12 serial and 5 Ethernet ports
- Two model types: Industrial Router with IP router/firewall for WAN and secure perimeter functions and Terminal Server to network-enable serial protocol devices and provide integrated Ethernet switching
- Advanced cyber security capabilities, including stateful IP firewall with NAT/PAT and IPsec VPN support, secure protocols using SSH/SSL, SNMPv3, RADIUS and extensive local and remote logging, as well as management integration with the CrossBow Secure Access Manager
- Flexible wide area networking options, including integral DDS/T1/E1, fibre-based Ethernet, frame relay, MPLS-based IP services and/or dial-up networks, and
- High reliability with optional dual power supplies, IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 environmental specifications
- Software for advanced network resiliency, including RSTP-2004, VRRP, dynamic routing and serial-IP multicast/multi-master options
Further, all software features of the DX1000 are supported in the new MNS-DX 2.0 software release, which will also be available in the Magnum DX family: the DX40, DX800 and DX900 model series.