Voice directed computing represents a significant ‘step change’ in order fulfilment over the past decade, consistently creating bottom line savings and competitive advantage for those who have implemented the technology.
Since Dematic introduced Vocollect voice directed computing technology to Australasia over a decade ago, hundreds of companies have increased productivity, accuracy and throughput, reduced labour costs and enhanced OH&S.
Voice directed computing technology is particularly suited to order picking applications thanks to its hands-free, eyes-free operation delivering significant productivity advantages.
Benefits of using voice directed computing technology include:
- hands and eyes-free operation increases productivity and throughput
- use of check digits during picking ensures accuracy
- speaker-dependent solution provides very fast and accurate speech recognition in noisy environments
- direct interfaces to most WMS
- rapid ROI from 3-18 months.