Dematic introduces the RapidStore UL, a new class of Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) designed for fast, safe and efficient handling of unit loads.
Available in a range of sizes and speeds to precisely match storage and handling requirements, RapidStore UL systems deliver an excellent combination of quality, impressive performance and unbeatable value.
The fully automated RapidStore UL system is ideal for bulk reserve storage in fast moving pallet and unit load handling operations, and can be tailored to the user’s precise storage and handling requirements in both new and existing facilities. Dematic RapidStore UL provides safe, accurate and accelerated handling in a compact area for applications ranging from putting away pallet load deliveries in a retail warehouse to storing new unit loads straight off the end of a production line.
Featuring a much smaller building footprint vis-à-vis conventional storage systems and materials handling equipment to house the same number of pallets or unit loads, RapidStore UL helps to substantially reduce associated land, building and/or leasing costs.
Key benefits of Dematic RapidStore UL system:
- Offers faster cycle times than manually operated narrow aisle forklifts
- Ability to run 24/7 greatly reduces labour and operating costs, providing excellent ROI
- Can economically handle loads up to 1,800kg in aisles only 200mm wider than the load
- Systems can be up to 46m high with throughput rates of up to 60 double cycles per hour
- Compact building footprint
- RapidStore UL1000 and UL1200 feature lightweight single masts and fast operating speeds of up to 4 m/second to provide high-speed handling of loads up to 1,200kg to 30m high
- RapidStore UL1400 RF is equipped with rotating forks enabling pallets to be fully turned in the aisle for fast handling, and can handle loads up to 1,360kg to 18m high
- RapidStore UL1500 offers fast acceleration and travel speed to handle loads up to 1,500kg to 46m high
- RapidStore UL1800 handles loads up to 1,800kg to 33.5m high, can store pallets up to three deep and is ideal for dense storage of large or heavy loads
From low cost, fixed-position pick-up and deposit (P&D) stations through to integrated pallet conveyors, transfer cars and monorail systems, Dematic can provide an efficient solution to transfer goods in and out of the RapidStore UL system, seamlessly linking receiving, manufacturing, quality control, put-away, palletising and despatch.
Intelligent location control
Dematic’s Location Control Software (LCS) interfaces with the user’s WMS or ERP providing full system accountability and a high degree of management control. Integrated IT systems provide precise machine control and real-time visualisation capability, with a user-friendly interface displaying operating status and full service diagnostics.