Leading supplier of logistics automation, logistics IT, and materials handling and storage systems, Dematic along with its Voice partner, Vocollect has completed a successful series of Voice technology seminars around Australia and New Zealand.
Designed to help companies leverage the power of Voice inside their supply chains, the seminars looked at trends in the industry and gave participants insight into Voice’s continuing evolution.
Dematic’s General Manager Real Time Logistics, Nathan Taylor discussed the increase in online and multichannel distribution and the challenges of fulfilling smaller orders, to more delivery points, at more frequent intervals, at a lower cost – safely.
Mr Taylor also explained to the audience about Voice being used to enable organisations to pick smaller, multiple orders at one time, whilst decreasing travel and increasing productivity.
Also discussed were topics such as the increase in door-to-door Voice applications and the use of Voice for forklift applications including put-away and replenishment movements along with the application of Voice with Displays to assist with providing additional image/visual-based information to a picker.
Larry Sweeney, Vocollect’s Co-founder and Senior Vice President Strategic Markets, and Jay Armant, Vice President of Product Management made a presentation on Vocollect’s evolution, latest innovations and product roadmap.
Dematic also used the seminar platform to launch Vocollect's new A700 Voice platform to the Australian and New Zealand markets.
A revolutionary device that combines Voice and hands-free scanning, the Vocollect A700 Voice solution will increase user productivity while reducing the need for, and cost of, multiple peripherals, thus creating an entirely new worker experience in the DC.
The A700’s modular platform can be configured if needed to facilitate hands-free scanning for processes such as inducting totes at the beginning of assignments and gathering information for product traceability, while retaining the ergonomic and performance benefits of a compact, purpose-built mobile Voice device.
The Vocollect A700 is designed for both new and existing users of Vocollect Voice, with its modular design helping organisations adapt to new challenges posed by evolving business needs within the supply chain.
Key benefits of the new Vocollect A700 mobile Voice device:
- Voice and hands-free scanning in one device, reducing the need for users to wear multiple devices
- Enhances user ergonomics, experience and comfort
- Better speech recognition quality with the SRX2 wireless headset, by blocking unwanted environmental sounds
- Touch-pairing of a worker’s Vocollect SRX2 wireless headset to the A700 solution, reducing start-up times
- Worker self-guided education, minimising supervisory coaching time and increasing the speed of worker competency
- Personal Voice flexibility providing a more enjoyable experience for users
- Predictive battery analytics resolving battery lost time issues