Celebrating 111 years of innovation, Dematic launched a series of logistics technologies at the recent CeMAT exhibition in Hannover, Germany.
Attended by more than 58,000 visitors, the triennial CeMAT is one of the world’s largest logistics technology trade fairs with over 1000 exhibitors from around 40 countries taking part this year.
Dematic reaffirmed its position as one of the world’s leading suppliers of innovative logistics technologies with an impressive display at the exhibition.
In keeping with CeMAT’s theme of Sustainability in Logistics, Dematic integrated future-proof logistics solutions into a complete material flow system on its stand, demonstrating how modern logistics can be delivered in a cost-effective and environment-friendly way.
Dematic’s logistics technology innovations at CeMAT included:
- Dematic RapidStoreML, a new high speed Miniload ASRS system complete with advanced load handling devices
- Dematic Multishuttle Flex, a new flexible high speed shuttle with the capability to handle totes and containers of different sizes and the new Typhoon Flex load handling device for improved product handling
- New RapidPick 1:1 Goods-to-Person (GTP) high-performance integrated order picking stations with ergonomic design to further improve productivity and workplace safety
- Modular Dematic MCS conveyors that enable flexible system reconfiguration
- Dematic Ecodrive control software designed to improve energy efficiency by 10-15%
Dematic used the trade exhibition as a platform to celebrate its 111th anniversary by showcasing its extensive history in pioneering materials handling and logistics technologies since its launch in Offenbach, Germany in 1900.
Dematic also organised a well-attended supporting program that included a press conference, customer stand party and site visits to Dematic’s new Technology Centre in Offenbach as well as to local customer Ferdinand Gross, one of the first companies in the world to implement Dematic’s new Multishuttle buffer storage and sequencing system.