The offset geared motors can be used for a variety of purposes and can be tailored to specific manufacturing needs.
As with Demag’s other motors, these particular motors are also quality certified to the DIN EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
Demag’s type A offset geared motors come in nine sizes (A10 – A90), have shaft mounted gearboxes and feature torque bracket and foot or flange-mounted configurations.
Gearbox sizes A10 are two-stage units, while sizes A20 to A90 are two or three staged depending on the transmission ratio range. These offset geared motors come in a range of sizes ranging from 130 to 11500Nm.
Features and materials:
- sizes A10 to A40: feature a vertically split housing made out of high quality pressure die-cast aluminium. This guarantees strong stability for a low dead weight
- sizes A50 to A90: feature grey cast iron housing
Demag also provides different motor types for its geared motors range:
- Basic cylindrical-rotor motors – brake springs of various strengths can be chosen
- Cylindrical-rotor or conical-rotor brake motors – various brake sizes can be chosen
Demag also provides four varied operational methods for its geared motors range:
- universal type
- foot-mounted type
- flange-mounted type
- integrated torque bracket design