Demag Cranes & Components has released the KB conical-rotor brake motor. The Demag KB conical-rotor brake motor provides you with a brake motor that utilises a unique operating principle.
The brake is not separately controlled, but firmly connected to the rotor, i.e. integrated. This means that motor start-up and brake release as well as motor switch-off and brake application are each synchronised.
The Demag KB conical-rotor brake motor features a remarkably simple, robust and reliable brake system. It is an ideal solution wherever demanding requirements have to be met by the brake.
- High switching frequency
- High braking energy
- Unaffected by temporary overload
- Long brake lining service life, since the heat generated by the brake is immediately dissipated
- Short overall length, since the brake disc simultaneously forms the motor fan
- No separate control or additional switching elements required, since the brake is automatically applied and released
- No additional motor temperature rise, since a brake coil is not necessary
Demag Z cylindrical-rotor motors:
Demag Z cylindrical-rotor motors are designed for optimum integration with Demag gearboxes and their design configurations to suit your needs.
The output ratings of the 2, 4, 6 and 8-pole motors are graded according to the IEC classification. The motors are also available as pole-changing units or with an integrated flywheel for particularly smooth motions.
The housings of motor frame sizes Z63 to Z132 are of high-quality aluminium alloy, guaranteeing high stability for a low deadweight. Motor frame sizes Z160 to Z180 feature grey cast iron housing.