VMETRO, represented by Dedicated Systems, has introduced the first VME Renaissance-ready VMEbus analyser supporting both legacy VME and the new protocols such as 2eSST and 2eVME.
The sixth generation, Vanguard VME bus analyser, is based on the same highly advanced architecture as the other members of the Vanguard family and offers high levels of power, flexibility and ease of use.
VME is the predominate bus architecture used throughout the aerospace and defense markets.
The VME Renaissance initiative provides a significant upgrade to the more than 20-year-old VMEbus architecture by specifying new high speed capabilities such as the 2eSST and 2eVME signaling protocols.
The Vanguard VME analyser aids in debugging the added software and hardware complexity introduced as a result of these new capabilities.
The analyser offers the following features and benefits:
* 256 bits x 2M sample trace buffer.
* Concurrent use of analyser, statistics, exerciser, and protocol checker modules
* Support for the latest VMEbus enhancements including VME64, SSBLT, 2eVME and 2eSST.
* Connects remotely via Ethernet or direct via USB.
* Modular architecture provides the ability to reuse the same hardware to test VME.
Included BusView software allows the user to view captured data in either a transaction summary mode or a more detailed data transfer by data transfer view.