Elma Electronic Inc., a global manufacturer of electronic packaging products, has announced a new µTCA Portable Tower. The µTCA Portable Tower features a carrying handle for easy portability.
The Type 32M µTCA Portable Tower is ideal as a development chassis. Utilising Elma's modular extrusion-based design, the chassis facilitates a wide rage of configurations. µTCA Portable Tower allows up to 6 AdvancedMC's in the full size format.
The modules could be either single or double width format in the same backplane. With two µTCA Carrier Hubs (MCH), the backplane has a Dual Star architecture. There are also redundant power modules, connections for two cooling units and M4 power bolts. The MCH slots come in 1-4 tongue styles.
The Type 32M features advanced EMC shielding, scratch-resistant vinyl clad aluminum covers, and power components. Cooling is achieved with 2 x 90 CFM fans. Elma has performed thermal simulations to ensure the optimal performance.
- 6U H x 63HP W x 299mm D
- Holds 10 modules in single module, full-size
- 10 slot Dual Star backplane; 6 AMC, 2 x MCH, 2 x PSU
- Pluggable fan tray with removable air filter in push cooling configuration
- Convenient tower handle makes it ideal for portability
- 2 48VDC input single/full-size power modules (included)
- Accepts 2 x single/full-size MCH's (not included)
The µTCA Portable Tower is available from µTCA Portable Tower available from Dedicated Systems Australia.