Dedicated Systems Australia announces OpenVPX development platform for 3U and 6U boards.
The new E-Frame Series enables developers to power up one or more VPX blades under test and interconnect the J1 fabric connections to emulate the user's application.
Signals from an external device can also be introduced through the J1 fabric connector or accessed on the J1 fabric connector using the provided SMA and SATA cable headers.
Designed for ease of use, the test platform features a 1.6" card pitch that enables easy cable access to components on either side of the board under test.
A built-in LED voltage monitor provides bus voltage compliance while VNAs (vector network analysers) and other probes can be used on the surface of the VPX card under test for enhanced testing capabilities.
Key features of the OpenVPX development platform include:
- 2-slot test and development platform for 3U and 6U VPX and OpenVPX boards (VITA 46 and 65 respectively)
- 3U or 6U cards supported by use of a shelf divider
- 1.6" card pitch enables easy cable access to components on either side of the boards under test
- Allows use of standard VPX RTM module while accessing high speed signals in the J1 connector
- More than two VPX modules can be interconnected by using additional 2-slot test backplanes
- Built-in voltage monitor with green LEDs are provided for bus voltage compliance
- Chassis power supply provides 580 Watts
- High performance cooling via three 12V fans
- Chassis dimensions: 16.29" H x 9.71" W x 13.24" D
- Top handle for ease of portability, desktop feet on bottom
- Available from Elma’s Express Program in 2 - 4 weeks