Now available from Dedicated Systems Australia , the Interface Concepts front end processing board VPX3a with FMC site is ideal for applications requiring high levels of computing power in a compact 3U form factor.
With a mix of the flexibility of the Virtex-5 FPGA and the VPX high bandwidth serial interfaces, the IC-FEP-VPX3a board provides an ideal platform for sonar, radar and other digital signal processing applications.
Powered by a Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T, the IC-FEP-VPX3a board features an FMC mezzanine site, which enlarges the adaptability of the board by enabling it to connect ADC, DAC, general IOs, FPDP and additional FPGA FMC modules.
Features of the Interface Concepts front end processing board VPX3a include the Xilinx Virtex-5 Processor Unit, a variety of VPX and FMC interfaces, and optional FX versions.
The Xilinx Virtex-5 Processor Unit features:
- 14720 Virtex-5 Slices (4LUT+4 flip-flops per slice)
- One DDR2 controller: 32-bit wide, 256MBytes
- Xilinx Virtex-5 XC5VSX95T FFG1136 package
- Two QDR2 controllers: each is 36-bit wide with up to 8MBytes
- 488 BlockRAM (8784Kbits)
- 640 DSP48E slices
- Parallel Configuration flash: 16-bit wide, 128-Mbits
VPX Interfaces on the IC-FEP-VPX3a board include:
- three 4-lanes Fabric ports (on P1), including:
- one PCIe x4 (port A)
- two GTPx4 (ports B & C)
- two 1-lane ports (on P1), including:
- a dual GTPx1 link usable as 2 1000BASE-KX ports
- General purpose IOs (on P2), including:
- eight single-ended IOs
- sixteen differential pairs
- one RS232 on P1 (Rx/Tx LVTTL)
FMC Interfaces on the IC-FEP-VPX3a board include:
- one GTPx4 link (limited to x2 when the dual GTPx1 link is used on P1 - user configuration)
- 68 differential pairs
Optional FX versions include:
- 1200 (/16000) Virtex-5 Slices
- Xilinx Virtex-5 XC5VFX70T (resp.FX100T)
- one (/two) PPC 440 embedded core(s)
- 296 (/456) DSP48E slices
- SPI flash for PPC440 : 128-Mbits per PPC44
- 296 (/456) BlockRAM (8784Kbits)