AdaCore has announced the company’s twelfth annual release of its signature GNAT Pro Ada development environment.
GNAT Pro 6.1.1 offers more than 150 new features and is available on the large set of supported platforms in the industry - 44 configurations (including 28 cross compilers) on 79 different operating system versions, including multiple versions of Windows, Linux and Solaris.
“Our annual release cycle is a major part of our commitment to make Ada the development language of choice for long-lived, critical systems,” said Cyrille Comar, managing director, AdaCore Europe.
“Our expert team of engineers is constantly working on enhancements and new tools for GNAT Pro that will help customers for years to come. We are particularly focused on high-integrity systems, where many of Ada’s advantages stand out.”
“Ever since our company was founded, our customers have come to expect the level of quality and front-line support that our solutions provide,” said Robert Dewar, president and CEO of AdaCore.
“We pride ourselves on being able to offer regular enhancements, many of which originate as customer requests. After a rigorous quality assurance process, we have integrated many of these features as part of this latest version of the GNAT Pro tool suite.”
GNAT Pro 6.1.1’s new features include:
- High-Integrity versions for VxWorks 6, including the Ravenscar profile
- Thread-safe profiling with gprof, a tool currently available for GNAT Pro on several platforms
- Increased Ada support in gcov, a coverage analysis tool
- Enhanced tools such as gnatcheck, gnatpp, and gnatmetric, to support a wider variety of coding styles and coding standards
- New warnings to help programmers detect errors earlier
- An upgraded debugging engine
- Improved robustness and efficiency for Ada 2005 features
- Better real-time support on win32 platforms
- Fully-integrated Windows .NET framework support
The GNAT Pro 6.1.1 is available through Dedicated Systems Australia . Dedicated Systems is the authorised distributor for AdaCore.