Tires traceability and tracking are the primary concern for tire manufacturers Continental Tire, an international leader in tire manufacture. In logistics, WIP, quality control and compliance, tires are tracked throughout the production process and reading the bar-code on tires is essential.
Head Manufacturing and Quality Systems of Continental HQ, Dr. Siegfried Rainer, explained that Continental chose to use Datalogic Automation for tire identification for two principle reasons:
- Superior read rates produced from their new omnidirectional reading solution;and
- Enhance the traceability process through an increase of the reading rate and of the reliability of devices in use.
Benefits of Datalogic Automation STS400 Solution:
- Superior performance as well as stable and predictable operation
- Can be replicated in any production warehouse worldwide
- 100% pre-assembled and calibrated
- No focusing
- No encoder
- No height barriers required;and
- Can be quickly and easily integrated into constrained spaces.