GRINDSTED Alginate is a product developed by the company Danisco , which provides bio-based ingredients particularly for the food industry in order to enhance the taste, textures and manufacturing processes of food products.
Alginate is a natural hydrocolloid extracted from brown seaweed. This particular bio-based ingredient is used for gelling and thickening, and creating film forming and jelly-like properties for a number of food and non-food applications.
The Alginate range is made of a mix of alginic acid and blends of alginate salts. Each particular type of Alginate has been designed to meet specific application needs.
Benefits and applications of each Alginate type:
GRINDSTED Alginate IC
- benefits: provides unique texure and creaminess
- application: ice-cream products
GRINDSTED Alginate FB
- benefits: produces a smooth pumpable feature for easy handling even at low temperature, provides form and bake stability, creates uniform fillings and shiny appearance, prevents synresis
- applications: bakery fillings
- benefits: easy to prepare cold soluble, large span of texture - smooth to firm texture and rapid to slow texture development, bake stability, freeze/thaw stability
- Application: baker’s custards
GRINDSTED Alginate LFS
- benefits: stabilizes emulsion, compensates fat and/or protein reduction, provides excellent melting properties and flavour release
- application: low-fat spreads
- benefits: gelling, thickening and film forming
- applications: range of food applications including cream, restructured fruits, pimento paste
- benefits: gelling, thickening and film forming.
- applications: non-food applications such as pharmaceutical and para-pharmaceutical applications including wound healing, gastric reflux control, dental print
- fruit applications
- meat, poultry and seafood
- oils and fats
- pharmaceutical and health care