Dalmec introduces a new range of devices that can be used in material handling applications for faster, more accurate and safer operation.
Industrial manipulators are a new kind of technology designed to increase productivity and safety while reducing labour costs.
Industrial manipulators offer several benefits for material handling professionals and are primarily designed to counterbalance loads to make them weightless for easy handling by the operator.
Similar in construction to robotic arms, industrial manipulators are not automated devices and operate on extremely simple principles of physics.
Industrial manipulators are productivity tools and most devices are custom-designed to meet the objectives of a specific operation.
The industrial manipulators employ pneumatics (air pressure actuators) to counterbalance loads, rendering the load weightless and allowing a single operator to safely and efficiently handle loads or perform tasks that would typically require two or more workers.
Typical applications of industrial manipulators:
- Repetitive product movement
- Positioning of light loads under 80kg
- Handling bulky, awkward or heavy loads up to 900kg
Typical repetitive applications include palletising and de-palletising of raw or finished bags and cartons generally weighing between 15kg and 80kg, which are awkward to lift and position.
Pneumatic manipulators equipped with suction or grip devices can be used to palletise such products easily and safely.
Industrial manipulators are capable of handling heavier loads such as paper spools weighing up to 500kg.
The manipulators can pick up a spool at floor level, articulate 90 degrees and position it on a printing press spindle.
Key advantages of pneumatic industrial manipulators:
- Suitable for a wide range of product types such as boxes, crates, barrels, drums, buckets, pails, rolls, bobbins, castings, dies, ingots, sheet metal and panels
- Handles any product weighing up to 900kg effectively
- End effectors can be engineered to grip any product through suction devices, expanding mandrels, compression apparatus and hooks
- Available in floor mount, ceiling mount, trolley mount and forklift-able/ portable models
- ROI within the first year of use through labour savings
- Increases workplace safety and reduces risk of injury and payouts