Fami School has collaborated with C.R.I.S.A.F. to design the UP School, an ergonomic workstation that adapts to the anatomy and physiology of a growing body.
The UP School is a made-to-measure desk and chair workstation that facilitates several different types of adjustments and dozens of combinations to adapt to a child’s growth throughout their schooldays, assisting with their health and well-being.
A habitually incorrect posture in a growing child may impact the vertebral column and the articulations of the lower limbs, forcing the head to assume the wrong position and altering jaw alignment.
Individuals of the same stature may have different proportions, hence choosing a chair and desk that fit the height of the student is not sufficient. Furniture that can be adapted over time depending on the different growth rate of each individual is therefore recommended.
Key features of the UP School workstations:
- Soft seat chair can be adjusted in different positions according to anthropometric needs
- Enables children to maintain a correct posture, especially during the growth years
- Desk can be slanted at 4 different angles to adapt to different activities
- Desk height can be adjusted in accordance with measurements established by the Inter University Research Centre
- Desk features rounded edges, groove to prevent materials from falling off, book rest, pencil holder, hook for the schoolbag and non-slip feet
- Nameplate to prevent mix-ups and help each student feel responsible for the condition of their desks