The Auto BiFlex door comprised of PVC strips that gently, yet rapidly open to either side. Unlike conventional strip doors and swing doors, there is no impact contact of the PVC.
How it works
The sliding mechanism works on an accordian type system, where a set of two strips fold back and while they are folding back, they slide towards one either side of the opening, which creates an opening clearance of full height almost instantaneously.
When fully open, this accordian system of the Auto BiFlex door only occupies approximately 15% of the opening.
Key features of the automated strip doors
- affordable, a more economical alternative to the Rapid Roll Doors
- anodised aluminium head "beam" which incorporates the drive system
- travelling brackets in galvanised steel or special option of stainless steel
- opening speed of about 1.3 m/sec, with adjustable hold open time for automatic closing
- PVC panels are 300mm wide and up to 10mm thick, with a 100mm overlap
- accommodate wide openings of 10m
- may remain closed for pedestrian thoroughfare
- safe to operate
- end position-damping control for accurate slow down of door movement
- built in UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for continued operation of door under power failure