DMF International will be launching its new style of automated flexible door on Stand 1207 during National Manufacturing Week 2006 at Sydney's Darling Harbour, from May 30 to June 2.
DMF's AUTO BiFLEX door is an automated bi-parting door, consisting of PVC strips that gently and quickly open to either side. Unlike conventional strip doors and swing doors, the AUTO BiFlex is designed for no impact contact of the PVC.
Developed as an alternative to more expensive rapid-roll doors, according to DMF, its new door system is available "at a very affordable price".
Features of the AUTO BiFLEX design include:
* Opening speed of about 1.3 m/sec, with an adjustable hold open time for automatic closing.
* 300 mm wide PVC panels with a 100mm overlap, providing ease of pedestrian access if remaining closed.
* PVC life much greater than a conventional strip door, since the strips are not impacted.
* Full opening height available as soon as the door starts to open
* Able to accommodate wide openings of 8 m (and possibly greater after further development)
* Can be used in openings that have gantry beams passing through the opening.
* May remain closed for pedestrian thoroughfare, adding to preservation of the operating environment.
* Safe operation, with no chance of injury during closing cycle.
* End position-damping control for accurate slow down of door movement.
* Built in UPS (uninterrupted power supply) for emergency operation of door in the case of power failure.
DMF is a family owned Australian company which has been specialist manufacturers of flexible PVC doors for over 35 years.