What happened to the MACH3000 Router?
The MACH3000 has been replaced by the MACH4000 and is no longer available for purchase.
The MACH3000, like the MACH4000 was a modular switch/router with high port density. In fact, the MACH3005 could provide up to 160 Fast Ethernet ports and 40 Gigabit ports, compared to a maximum 48 ports total in the MACH4000.
The main differences that the MACH4000 offers are:
- 10 Gigabit Ports (up to 4)
- Modular Power supply offering greater redundancy and installation choices
- All media modules offer 8 ports
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol replaces STP
- Latest Redundant Ring Protocols
If you need Layer 3 / routing without the port density provided by the MACH4000, there are two alternatives.
- The PowerMICE (Model MS4128 with L3E or L3P firmware) is a rail mounted modular solution
- The MACH1000 (Model MACH1040with L3E or L3P firmware) is a rack mount solution.