Hirschmann MACH1040 Gigabit Ethernet switches are designed for use in the power industry, and other locations where a high standard of EMI tolerance is required. They can also be connected to form sub-networks, which can then be linked up to each other.
Thanks to a fanless design, an operating temperature range of -40°C to +70°C, and a fast HiPER-Ring redundancy mechanism, MACH1040 Gigabit Ethernet switches are suitable for a wide range of production facilities. They also support PROFINET and EtherNet/IP.
Key features and benefits of MACH1040 Gigabit Ethernet switches include:
- high vibration-resistance and extensive resilience to magnetic fields and electrostatic discharges
- two freely combinable power modules to ensure redundant power supply
- 16-Gigabit Ethernet combo ports which can be optionally equipped with SFP fibre optic transceivers to allow flexible configuration of fast networks with different topologies
- all ports support Version 2 of the Precision Time Protocol with a precision of 30ns
- equipped with the latest in energy-saving chip technology
- USB interface that allows the auto-configuration adapter to be connected and is available for storing and retrieving all configuration data as well as the operating system
- redundancy methods such as Fast HiPER-Ring, MRP (IEC ring function), trunking, link aggregation, MSTP and RSTP ensure a high level of network availability
- security mechanisms such as access control in accordance with IEEE 802.1x, IP and MAC port security, RADIUS authentication as well as SNMP V3 and SSH.
1U high MACH1040 Gigabit Ethernet switches are designed to be mounted in 19" switch cabinets, with the combo ports located either on the front or the rear of the housing.
Thanks to the new Layer 3 software, Hirschmann MACH1020 switches are now fully fledged routers, giving them yet another unique position in the industrial ethernet market.