Tongue interlock safety switches are a necessary part of securing access to areas protected by hinged, lift-off, or sliding guards.
Constructed from either rugged plastic or die-cast metal bodies and available with robust stainless steel heads, tongue interlock safety switches are enclosure protected to IP66/67, making them suitable for washdown, and are coloured in a bright 'safety' red. They also have a high mechanical life of up to 1,000,000 cycles.
The head position of these tongue interlock safety switches can be adjusted up to 8 actuator entry positions.
The IDEM range of tongue interlock safety switches includes the Kobra and IDIS-1 models.
Kobra Tongue Switch Type KP (Plastic)
- high specification polyester body material
- three conduit entries M20
- IP67 enclosure protection with a hinged lid
- replaceable three or four pole contact blocks
- explosion proof contact block versions available
- die cast metal housings
- painted red
- conduit entry M20
- IP67 enclosure protection
- three or four pole contact blocks
- positive opening safety contacts to IEC 947-5-1
- compact version
- EN 50047 body
- enclosure protected to IP 66/67
- conduit entries M20
- solenoid operated release
- stainless steel head standard on KLP, option on KLM
- provides holding force up to 2kN (KLP) and 3kN (KLM)
- 3 conduit entries M20 (KLM)
- 2 NC Safety I/L + 1 Aux