Intended to provide a seamless a high capacity extension to existing networks, Hirschmann Industrial Ethernet has released the new BAT54-Rail Wireless LAN radio.
Convenient access anywhere in the factory and beyond to plant information is now available with reliability, performance, and security.
With a ruggedised design typical of the Hirschmann Industrial Ethernet range, and low packet loss features, you have confidence in network performance.
The module also includes a large range of encryption, authentication and firewall options, including rogue access point detection, to provide absolute confidence in network security.
Other key features of the BAT54-Rail Wireless LAN radio are:
- Feature rich, including IP routing, DHCP server, PoE and VLAN. Complies with 802.11b/g and 802.11a/h communications
- MultiSSID allows up to 8 virtual WLANS to provide authenticated and segregated access to various user groups – say engineering, IT, management and even visitors
- Dual independent radio modules allow flexible topology design – access point, bridge, router, master/slave, as well as capability for full-duplex relay bridging
- Dual band (2.4/5GHz) facility provides improved redundancy and range
- Redundant wireless connection using spanning tree
- High tolerance to temperature, vibration, EMI and shock. DIN rail mount, redundancy 24Vdc supplies and IP40 rating to suit the industrial environment including mobile machinery
- Also available as model BAT54, an IP65 external mount option with inbuilt antenna and lightning protection, and two additional antenna connections. Suits remote location installation
- Various configuration options, including web browser, serial interface and LANConfig.
Suited to out-of-the-box or highly customised configuration, the BAT54-Rail WLAN provides Hirschmann reliability, performance, and security.