Hirschmann has added the MACH100 enterprise grade switch to its product portfolio, now available from Daanet .
Not to be confused with the high-EMI resilient MACH1000, the MACH100 replaces the LION product as a high performance rack mount switch designed to allow Hirschmann networks to extend into the control room or office.
These Layer 2 switches with two off Gigabit combo ports can be used to network workgroups and connect them to the industrial ethernet backbone via fast-recovery HiPER-RING. The switches, which are designed for a temperature range of 0°C to +50°C also support extensive network functions such as VLAN and IGMP Snooping/Querier for Multicast management.
Key Features of the MACH100 include:
• Modular format - the switches are offered with either 8 or 24 permanently installed Fast Ethernet ports, or as a modular device with 8 ports and slots for two other 8-port media modules. 2 off Gigabit Combo Ports (SFP / RJ45) are standard.
• Hot Swap media modules - 100 BASE-TX, 100 BASE-SFP or 100 BASE-FX
• Fanless cooling and optional power-supply redundancy.
• Redundancy mechanisms such as HiPER-RING, Rapid Spanning Tree and Link Aggregation to ensure a high network availability.
• Diagnostic features include port mirroring, signal contacts and and the unique cable diagnostic tool for accurate location of cable damage
As per the rest of the Hirschmann range, configuration is undertaken using a standard web browser.