Hirschmann Industrial Ethernet has introduced Ethernet IP67 switch. Three new switches have been added to the Octopus series.
These switches which have eight or 16 twisted pair ports (100 BASE TX) or 14 twisted pair and two fibre optic uplink ports (100 BASE FX) can transmit both data and current through the one cable – ideal in a field-mount design.
This has obvious benefits in saving the duplication of cable supply and installation costs, especially for the growing field of surveillance video using VOIP technology.
Fast recovery redundancy processes and various security mechanisms are also supported in addition to extensive management functions.
The switches and all connected remote terminals can also be supplied with any input voltage from 24V to 110V DC through two separate IP67 voltage converters.
Up to 12.95W per remote terminal is available, which is more than enough for common PoE devices such as IP Cameras, Telephony and IO Modules.
Octopus switch features:
- Encapsulated enclosure provides IP67 protection
- Typical managed switch features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP and Port Mirroring are included
- 48V PoE voltage supply from any 24V – 110V DC source
- Supports up to 8 standard PoE appliances (15.4W)
- Approvals: EN 50155 (Railway Vehicles), GL
- Uses MicroFX IP67 Fibre connectors
- Unmanaged Octopus range featuring IP67 protection also available
Daanet is the authorised Australian distributor for Hirschmann Industrial Ethernet.