B&R Automation has expanded their line of drives with a series of motor-integrated servo drives featuring IP65 protection to present new dimensions in decentralised drive architecture.
The modular ACOPOSmulti has been modified by merging the inverters with the motor to create servo actuators that can deliver power directly at the point of use. The configurable modules have thus become easy-to-connect mechatronic units that not only save valuable space in the control cabinet, but also cut costs for logistics and commissioning.
The new ACOPOSmulti65m servo actuators integrate all the important components such as the motor, positioning sensor (encoder), precision gearbox and servo drive into a very compact unit. Thanks to the simple electrical connection, the servo actuators support the implementation of modular machine concepts, making it possible to efficiently design optimised manufacturing strategies.
Eugene Mayevsky, Sales Manager for B&R’s Australian distributor DAANET explains that the new servo actuators help B&R Automation support the path to decentralised motion control. The expansion now enables B&R to offer the entire drive spectrum from variable frequency drives and multi-axis servo drives to decentralised drive solutions.
Key features of ACOPOSmulti65m servo actuators:
- Combines the latest IGBT technology and optimised motor types to offer maximum performance
- Three different sizes cover the entire spectrum with a torque range of 1.8 - 10.5 Nm and a power range of 500 W - 2 kW
- Optional fan assembly can be retrofitted for a performance boost of up to 100% for applications that demand more power
- Fully compatible with the entire ACOPOS drive series
- Can be employed in either a line or tree structure
- Networking via Ethernet POWERLINK
- Equipped with STO (Safe Torque Off) and SS1 safety functions in accordance with SIL 3 or PLe
- Additional safety functions including SLS, SOS, SDI, SLP and more can be used with openSAFETY
B&R ACOPOSmulti65m servo actuators are available in Australia from DAANET .