Luminary Micro, represented by Cutter Electronics has released Luminary Micro Stellaris Intelligent Display Reference Design Kit (RDK-IDM).
The RDK-IDM offers an open-tool graphical touch-screen user interface design solution for control, automation and instrumentation applications.
Included in the RDK-IDM is the Stellaris Intelligent Liquid Crystal Display Module (MDL-IDM). Featuring Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), the Stellaris IDM offers a simple method to produce intelligent terminals that can be simultaneously powered and network-connected by a single CAT5 Ethernet cable.
The MDL-IDM module also features additional serial connectivity options for easy implementation as a Human Machine Interface (HMI) touch display panel in an embedded control device.
The MDL-IDM is the first display module available with efficient performance and robust integration of an ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller.
The reference design and development kit ships with everything needed to quickly evaluate and easily customise the intelligent display module for your specific application, including
- Stellaris Intelligent LCD Module (MDL-IDM)
- 24V power supply with international plug adaptors
- Retractable Ethernet cable
- Debug adapter
- Quickstart Guide, User’s Manual, Software Reference Manual, Board Data Sheet, source code, BOM, schematics, and Gerber files on CD
The RDK-IDM ships with the software-customisable MDL-IDM module. The MDL-IDM features the following:
- Bright QVGA LCD touch-screen display
- 2.8" QVGA 240 x 320 pixels
- 16-bit colour
- White LED backlight
- Resistive touch panel
Ethernet and Serial connectivity options
- 10/100 Ethernet with Auto MDI/MDIX and Traffic /Link indicator LED
- Header provides TXD and RXD signals
- RS232 signal levels
- Default 115.2k, 8, n, 1 operation
High performance and memory
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 core
- 256 KB Main Flash memory, 64 KB SRAM
- 168 K Image RAM
- microSD slot (typically 1 GB storage)
Flexible power supply options
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af compliant)
- 24V DC power jack
- 5V DC terminals
Easy to customise - full source code and design files including.
- Example applications included
- Develop using tools from Keil, IAR, CodeSourcery, Code Red and GCC
- Supported by Luminary Micro Graphics Library and Stellaris Peripheral Driver Library
- Four analogue measurement inputs
- One relay output (1 form C / SPDT contacts)
- Compact size simplifies system integration
The board in this kit is also available as a standalone module in single unit and volume quantities (no CD, cables, or power supply).