Stellaris AC Induction Motor Reference Design Kit (RDK) combines the strength and flexibility of Luminary Micro's Stellaris microcontrollers with Fairchild Semiconductor's power modules to create a variable speed AC motor control design engineered for performance, cost, and flexibility.
Applications include major home appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers), residential and light commercial HVAC systems, and three-phase industrial motor drives.
The AC Induction Motor Reference Design Kit contains Luminary Micro’s new feature-rich Stellaris LM3S818 microcontroller designed for motion control applications, Fairchild Semiconductor’s FSBS10CH60 power module, a Selni three-phase applicance AC motor, a graphical control program for Windows, and accompanying cables, source code, and documentation.
The ACIM RDK takes advantage of the integrated features of the Stellaris microcontroller and the processing power of the ARM Cortex-M3 core to implement both sine wave control and energy-efficient space vector modulation control. The graphical control program allows experimenting with varying drive parameters and observe the effect on motor performance.
The AC Induction Motor Reference Design Kit includes the following product features:
- Source code for main control algorithms including space-vector modulation and sine control
- Advanced motor control for three-phase and single-phase AC induction motors
- Accelerated integration process through a flexible platform
- Active braking circuit
- Active in-rush control circuit
- Easily change line filter, bus capacitors, and JTAG interface
- Accurate current sensing using split low-side current sensing
Several isolated control input options including:
- Virtual COM port through integrated USB port
- Windows GUI application for configuration, control, and monitoring
- Logic-level serial port
- Speed potentiometer and mode switch
- Speed and position monitoring using quadrature encoder/tachometer input
- Electrically isolated JTAG port for software debugging
- Bootloader for firmware upgrades over serial port.