Custom Fluidpower presents Hillmar M series thruster disc brakes designed for use on equipment with high duty cycle operation.
The thruster disc brakes typically find application in container cranes, ship unloaders, stacker reclaimers, portal cranes, gantry cranes, conveyors, hoists and winches.
Hillmar M series thruster disc brakes feature a 3-phase AC thruster actuator for brake release. The actuator can be installed horizontally for industrial vertical motor applications such as slewing. All component parts are designed for maximum durability.
Key features of Hillmar M series thruster disc brakes:
- Simple adjustment of ample air gap between brake pads and disc
- Sintered metal, asbestos-free pads for all applications
- Enclosed, adjustable brake spring with torque scale
- Self-lubricating bushings used at all pivot points
- Stainless steel spindles used throughout for corrosion protection
- Brake speeds comparable to magnetic brakes
- Two position manual release mechanism
- Automatic centring device ensures the friction linings lift off equally on either side of the disc regardless of lining wear
- Automatic wear compensator
- Limit switch to indicate lining wear
- Brake release limit switch
- Thruster position limit switch
- Manual release limit switch
- Disc and/or hubs
- Long stroke actuators for special applications
- Brake lining temperature sensors
- VSR electronic brake monitoring system
- Self-centring mechanism