Crown Lift Trucks has released a lift truck for the Australian market that it is referring to as a “Cross over” vehicle.
The term “Cross over” applies because the truck is capable of being used in a variety of applications as opposed to most lift trucks being built for a specialised use.
The RC 5500 series can be used throughout a facility including loading and unloading trucks, transporting and staging products throughout the warehouse, as well as storing product in racks.
The Crown RC5500 model has been developed over the last three years and encompasses something new in operator ergonomics and safety.
Some of the key new features on the RC5500 are:
- Flexi ride suspension- Reduces operator shock and vibration by 3 times more than other stand-up trucks
- AC power- new power saving technology- Crown built motors.
- Crown Access 123 electric control- Crown’s patented electronic control system
- Sidestance clearview visibility- Contoured mast and chassis for maximum visibility
- e-Gen braking system- Uses AC motor torque instead of wearable brakes to slow the truck thus reducing maintenance requirements
- Infopoint service and troubleshooting system- Delivers fast simple high quality service and trouble shooting guides.
“We really challenged ourselves to design the RC 5500 Series compartment to be the best in its class”, said Crown General Manager Marketing, Craig Kenchington.
“The lift truck compartment is the operator’s office. We studied operator behaviour including how they got on and off the lift truck, and how they manoeuvred around the warehouse managing loads. As a result, we designed the compartment of the RC 5500 for comfort and productivity”.
This lift truck provides operational benefits that translate to increased productivity, increased operator satisfaction.
The new cross over lift truck is available from Crown Equipment.