Now available from Crisptech , the EOTec 6000 fiber optic system allows fiber optic networks that support popular PLC and Fieldbus devices to be built.
Using a modular set of rack mounted modules, the EOTec 6000 fiber optic system can enhance and extend traditional "copper" based networks.
The EOTec 6000 fiber optic system consists of four types of components:
Electrical Interface Modules (EIMs)
- connect to PLC devices and/or fieldbus networked equipment
- connect the EOTec 6000 modem nodes to the "copper based" PLC devices and fieldbus networked equipment
- a maximum combination of five electrical or optical interface modules may be connected together in one modem node.
- inter-module communications and operating power is achieved through the backplane connections of the EOTEC 6000 rack.
- build a fiber based network using Single Mode or Multi-Mode Fiber Cables in a variety of topologies
- connect the EOTec 6000 modem nodes to the fiber optic cable network, and transfer network data between nodes
- cascade different optical modules in a single modem assembly and optically link modems utilizing 850/1300nm optical wavelengths, Multi-mode or Single mode fiber, and SMA or ST connectors
- a maximum combination of five OIMs or EIMs may be connected together in one modem
- inter-module communications and operating power is achieved through the backplane connections of the EOTEC 6000 rack
- EOTec 6000 Self-Healing Ring system provides fault tolerant reliable data communications for plant automation systems
- utilizing the 6C30 / 6C31 Master/Slave modules in a ring configuration provides for a modular format that is easy to configure to specific needs
- expansion can be performed without system interruption, and status LED's and relay-outputs are provided on the6C30/6C31 master/slave modules for quick reference
- the 6C30/6C31 System is not dependent on protocol, speed or fiber size
- Self-Healing is fast and automatic.
Features of the SHRM include:
- fault tolerance improves PLC communications performance
- reduced down time and material waste due to PLC bus failure
- low cost installation
- upgrade can be performed on existing system
- fast transparent operations
- user selectable automatic or manual reset when the fiber path has been restored
- system maintenance during operation
- supports most PLC bus types
EOTec 6000 Racks and Power Supplies
- power supply modules are available with various AC and DC input capabilities, as well as a dual redundant power supply
- each rack can hold one power supply, one electrical interface module and one to four optical or additional electrical interface modules
- inter-module communications and power distribution is handled by the backplane within the EOTec 6000 rack to minimize external wiring.