CrispTech introduces the new MuLogic ADSL-2401M.S, an ADSL2+ modem-router with Ethernet port and serial port.
MuLogic ADSL-2401M.S modems are a line of industrial modem routers featuring a serial port connected with an integrated serial port gateway that can be accessed via the LAN and DSL ports.
Designed for industrial applications, the modems can be powered from low voltage DC or AC power sources. The ADSL-2401M.S operates over a temperature range of -40ºC to +75ºC.
The new MuLogic ADSL-2401M.S industrial modems support standards for ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+.
The Ethernet port supports 10/100baseT and Auto-MDI/MDIX. Additionally, it supports SCADA protocols such as Modbus/TCP, DNP3/IP and IEC60870-5-104.
An integrated serial port gateway supports remote serial data (TCP/IP or UDP/IP). Serial port RS232/RS485 interface supports data rates from 300 to 115200 bit/s.
The serial port also supports SCADA protocols such as Modbus RTU/ASCII, DNP3 and IEC60870-5-101.
IPsec VPN tunnels (up to 10) are available for secure communication with Ethernet and serial port.
MuLogic ADSL-2401M.S modems also feature:
- Hardware versions for Annex A/Annex M (for PSTN lines) and Annex B (for ISDN lines)
- Downstream rates up to 24 Mbit/s, upstream rates up to 1.4 Mbit/s (Annex A/B)
- Annex M version (G.992.5 Annex M) supports upstream data rates up to 2.5mbit/s
- ATM Encapsulation Protocols: PPPoA, PPPoE, MPoA, IPoE and CLIP
- Secure access for serial port gateway (IPsec or access restrictions by IP address)
- Layer-2 bridging over IPsec tunnel: transparent and secure Ethernet tunnel
- Isolated supply voltage input for industrial applications (suitable for AC and DC)
- Supply voltage ranges: 11-36Vdc/11-28Vac (Vr1) or 18-60Vdc/18-30Vac (Vr2)
- Din-rail or panel mounting
Remote access applications
ADSL-2401M.S modems enable access to remote terminal units with an Ethernet port or serial port. The integrated serial port gateway allows the unit's serial port to be used as virtual com port of a central site PC.
The network connection can be in TCP/IP or UDP/IP mode and also accessed by means of a telnet connection.
The ADSL-2401M modems are used to replace dial-up and leased line modems, offering high speed Ethernet communications while maintaining support of serial communication.
This feature allows for easy migration to the use of remote terminal units with Ethernet interface and other devices such as remote surveillance cameras while maintaining connectivity to serial port devices.
A key advantage of replacing dial-up modems with the ADSL modems is that costs for telephone calls made for each session are eliminated completely.
The MuLogic ADSL-2401M.S modems incorporate extra security features such as IPsec VPN since the system will be connected to the public internet. IPsec VPN protects against unwanted access and eavesdropping of data.
Additionally, access to the management functions of the unit, the serial port and the devices attached to the Ethernet port can also be limited to pre-defined IP addresses, making it impossible to access from unknown IP addresses.