Moxa have announced a new Gigabit performance Firewall/VPN secure router. The EDR-G903 series is designed to defend industrial networks by safeguarding sensitive control networks and mission-critical industrial assets by forming a trusted intranet environment. Moxa's EDR-G903 series support 3 combo Gigabit ports with built-in RJ45 ports and SFP slots for connecting to a WAN, a LAN, and a WAN or DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) with rapid transfer bandwidth. The dual WAN feature is ideal for establishing a reliable Internet connection backup and for providing a secondary option for load sharing two Internet service providers. A wide operating temperature range of -40 to 75ºC and smart firewall functions, such as Quick Automation Profile for enabling common Fieldbus protocols, make the EDR-G903 well-suited for harsh, industrial applications.
Moxa's EDR-G903 Firewall/VPN secure router supports intelligent firewall functions to simplify your security configuration. An innovative Quick Automation Profile helps you quickly enable common Fieldbus protocols (over 25 protocols)—including EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, FOUNDATION Fieldbus, Modbus/TCP, and PROFINET—from a user-friendly web UI with a simple click operation. Other firewall services, such as PolicyCheck for policy debugging and SettingCheck for confirming the firewall rules increase firewall accuracy to empower your network with stronger security.
"Whether you're dealing with process control systems for manufacturing plants, SCADA systems for utility automation, or factory automation systems, all of these critical applications need to be protected from malevolent attacks and cyber terrorism events," said by Alvis Chen, product manger of Moxa Inc. "With its attractive Gigabit-speed performance, reliable WAN backup, and strong firewall and VPN security features, the EDR-G903 industrial secure router is excellent for providing secure access to ensure the safe operation of industrial systems."
Features of the EDR-G903 Firewall/VPN/Router device:
- High performance Gigabit copper and fiber combo port
- Supports 1 WAN, 1 LAN, and 1 user-configurable WAN or DMZ interface
- Network Address Translation (N-to-1, 1-to-1, and port forwarding)
- Intelligent PolicyCheck and SettingCheck functionality
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature (T models)
- The VPN feature will be available in Q4 2010 and can be added to your router via a simple firmware upgrade
- Redundant WAN backup for critical industrial applications
- Firewall with Quick Automation Profile for common Fieldbus protocols