MOXA has set sail for maritime markets. Earlier this year, the company received DNV Type Approval certification for its industrial Ethernet switches and media converters, confirming that they are suited for use in adverse marine-type environments.
The marine theme site highlights industrial Ethernet in maritime and offshore applications, providing the following information:
• DNV certification establishes suitability for maritime and offshore use: DNV helps the maritime industry manage risk in all phases of a ship’s life, and DNV certification for devices used as part of maritime and offshore applications is highly coveted.
• Industrial Ethernet solutions for maritime and offshore applications: In recent years, communication networks for maritime and offshore applications have received a boost from the trend of using Ethernet networks to integrate the operation of distributed systems.
• How Ethernet can be used on a battleship: Industrial Ethernet is in high demand for battleships, since battleships need to integrate all of the essential information of a combat situation to aid the commander in analysing information about the battle, and to make tactical decisions. Flash animation demonstrates weapons, communication and power, all of which communicate via Ethernet networks.
• Technical information for applying Ethernet to maritime markets: Except for integrating the communication network with one single, open protocol, modern Ethernet technologies such as network control, network management and network redundancy can also ease the management of maritime and offshore applications.
• Application references for maritime and offshore markets: Industrial Ethernet is applied widely in maritime and offshore applications. Examples include offshore drilling platforms, ocean liners, ship engine systems, seaport power substations, tide-power generation systems and offshore windmill farms.
Crisp Technology is Moxa’s premier Australian distributor.