A SERIES of half-day seminars on fibre optic communications for industry will be presented in capital cities and major regional centres in Australia and New Zealand during March 2005.
The seminars, entitled The Future In Industrial Communications, have been organised by Crisp Technologies , the Australasian distributor of EOTec industrial fibre optic modems, in conjunction with Weed Fiber Optics of the USA.
Seminar dates and locations are:
* Gladstone, March 1, 2005 at the Country Plaza Hotel.
* Brisbane, March 2, 2005 at Bretts Wharf, Hamilton.
* Perth, March 3, 2005 at the Burswood International Resort.
* Melbourne, March 7, 2005 at the Novotel Hotel, St Kilda.
* Sydney, March 8, 2005 at the Carlton Hotel, Parramatta.
* Auckland, March 10, 2005 at the Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre.
* Christchurch, March 11, 2005 at the Copthorne Hotel Commodore.
The seminar sessions will be conducted by Rick Pennavaria of the Fibre Optics Division of Weed Instruments, and will cover:
* Advantages of fibre optic networking.
* Review of fibre optic technology.
* System design considerations.
* Trends in industrial ethernet.
* Network redundancy.
* Video, voice and data developments.
* Case studies/application examples.
* Demonstration of fibre optic self-healing ring.
This free seminar is suitable for engineering, IT, technical and operations staff who currently, or in future, will be involved in the design, installation or maintenance of fibre optic networks.
Register online at: