The new Moxa ioLogik W5340-HSDPA from CrispTech is a wide temperature remote terminal unit (RTU) designed for remote monitoring applications over mobile networks.
Offering support for the advanced High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) technology, the W5340-HSDPA RTU reduces the response time for I/O status acquisition and control communications. The increased performance also provides enough bandwidth to perform data logging and email alarms.
The ioLogik W5340-HSDPA remote terminal unit is equipped with a 3G interface that supports both tri-band HSDPA/UMTS and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE functionality in addition to featuring 4 AIs, 8 DI/Os, 2 relays, an Ethernet RJ-45 port, a 3-in-1 serial port and an SD storage socket.
The rich feature set of the RTU is also available in a rugged wide temperature W5340-HSDPA-T model with a wide operating temperature range of -20ºC to 70ºC for deployment in harsh environments such as facilities without air-conditioning or roadside cabinets.
Key features of ioLogik W5340-HSDPA RTUs
- Superior performance in remote monitoring or data acquisition applications
- I/O suite includes digital and analogue channels
- Can be externally expanded via Ethernet with the ioLogik E1200 series of Ethernet I/O products
- SD storage function available for long-term data log preservation
- Patented ‘Active’ communications technology and IPSec/VPN functionality allow easy use of the dynamic and private IP addresses provided by most cellular data plans
- Includes Moxa’s patented Click&Go technology, which makes local I/O control and alarm configuration extremely simple
Free software packages such as the Moxa Active OPC Server and DA-Center use active communications to push data from the ioLogik W5340-HSDPA to the SCADA system or IT database quickly without consuming much bandwidth.
Together, the ioLogik W5340-HSDPA, Moxa Active OPC Server and DA-Center deliver highly efficient event-driven SCADA connectivity, database/Excel conversions and analysis.
Moreover, the W5340-HSDPA flexibly supports both IT and IA applications thanks to compatibility with the Modbus/TCP industrial standard as well as the IT-oriented SNMP v1/v2c protocol.