Crisp Technologies, Australia’s leading distributor of industrial communications products is launching a new industrial gigabit Ethernet switch for bandwidth critical applications. The EDS-510A Series from Moxa comes equipped with 3 gigabit Ethernet ports, making it ideal for building a redundant Gigabit turbo ring backbone, while leaving a spare gigabit port for uplink or ring coupling. The EDS-510A Series is designed especially for demanding communications applications such as process control, shipbuilding, ITS, and DCS systems, which can benefit from a scalable backbone construction.
The EDS-510A is a 10-port managed Ethernet switch that provides 3 fiber/copper gigabit ports in a compact design. Two of the three gigabit ports can be used for building a redundant gigabit backbone with MOXA Turbo Ring (recovery time < 300 ms), giving system maintainers a convenient means of setting up a versatile yet stable gigabit Ethernet. The third gigabit Ethernet port can provide sufficient bandwidth for uplink with 1000 Mbps transmission capability. For optimal network planning and utilization, the EDS-510A Series also supports intelligent network management functions, including Quality of Service (QoS), IGMP Snooping/GMRP, VLAN, Port Trunking, SNMP V1/V2c/V3, IEEE 802.1X, and https/SSL. The -T models support an extended operating temperature range of -40 to 75°C for applications housed in harsh, industrial environments.
- 3 gigabit plus 7 fast Ethernet ports in a compact size
- 2 gigabit Ethernet ports for redundant ring and 1 gigabit Ethernet port for uplink solution
- Gigabit turbo ring (recovery time < 300 ms), RSTP/STP (IEEE802.1W/D) for Ethernet redundancy
- QoS, IGMP snooping/GMRP, VLAN, LACP, SNMP V1/V2c/V3, RMON supported
- Rate limiting for bandwidth management, and broadcast storm protection
- IEEE802.1X and https/SSL to enhance network security
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature models available
- Save and load configuration files with the ABC-01 automatic backup configurator attachment