Koehler Instrument Company offers advanced test equipment for a variety of friction and wear tests, including Four Ball Wear and EP Testers.
Four Ball Wear and EP Testers:
- Conform to ASTM D2266, D2596, IP 239, and related specifications
- Performs Wear Preventative (WP) and Extreme Pressure (EP) tests
- Optional CCD Camera is available for wear scar imaging
- Custom configurations are available for the testers
- Displays and records normal load, frictional torque, time, and temperature
- test speeds and temperatures are electronically controlled by the testers
- Data Acquisition Software and Card are included
Wear scars on the steel balls are measured with a graduated-scale microscope and can be recorded with an optional CCD camera. Four Ball Testers process and store the data utilizing TriboDATA, an advanced data acquisition and processing software package. Test results can be plotted and compared, as well as exported to other programs.
Four Ball Wear and EP Testers are available from Particle Test .