The Automatic Distillation Analyzer, available from Particle Test , is designed to perform optimal distillation analyses of gasolines, fuels, oils, solvents, aromatics, napthas, kerosenes, hydrocarbons, and other volatile products to ensure conformity to rigid quality control standards. The analysers automatically perform tests, process results, and produce standard reports according to ASTM, ISO, DIN and related international test specifications.
Each Automatic Distillation unit comes ready with the equipment, accessories, and features as standard to properly run distillation groups 0 to 4 per ASTM D86 and related test specifications. No additional accessories are required. The Windows-based software package allows simple operator selection of the programmed settings for each distillation protocol. No complicated routines are needed to setup the unit. User-defined programs are easily created for customization of the analyzer.
Dry Point can be detected visually or by automatic detection for ASTM D850 and D1078 test methods. The unit is delivered ready with the PC board components already included as standard to perform the dry point analysis. It only requires the additional accessories of the dry point thermocouple, 200mL flask, and PTFE plug in order to perform the dry point detection analysis automatically.
The Automatic Distillation Analyzer 5000 series may be ordered for operation with an external PC (purchased separately) or may be ordered with a built-in PC, internal touch screen monitor, virtual keyboard and mouse. An easy-to-use Windows-based PC communication software expands user capabilities for data analysis and unit control. Distillation methods and parameters can be easily created or modified. Software calculates repeatability and reproducibility as per ASTM D86 as well as standard and deviation against reference materials.
Test results are displayed in real-time and can include distillation curve and temperature with or without barometric compensation and/or evaporation correction, distillation rate, heating power curve, master curve comparison, and zoom function for high resolution of heating and temperature curves. The heater compartment is rapidly cooled at the completion of a distillation run to reduce operator downtime. The analysers are of rugged construction for instrument longevity with a modular design for easy routine maintenance.
The sample is evaporated and condensed under controlled conditions, and observations are made of the temperatures at which various percentages are recovered.
Following are the features of the Automatic Distillation Analyzer:
- Conforms to ASTM D86, D285, D4737 and related international specifications
- Pt-100 RTD probe with automatic temperature calibration system (°C or °F)
- Windows-based software package for PC control with LIMS export capabilities
- Automatic determination of initial boiling point (IBP), final boiling point (FBP), dry point, and barometric and residue corrections
- Diagnostic system continuously ensures proper unit performance and user safety
- Automatic temperature and volume calibration
- Programmable distillation rate (2 to15mL/min)
- Ready for distillation groups 0 to 4
- Networking for up to 32 units
- Powerful CFC-free cooling and heating system
- Receiver chamber heating system to 60°C
- Precision level follower system with optical meniscus detector
- Integrated automatic fire extinguishing system with manual operation option