CIAQ is recognised by government and the public sector as the official industry association on all matters affecting the State crane industry, while providing a wide range of member services on a state and regional basis.
As the official peak association for the industry, CIAQ states that it:
- is the trusted source of information, advice and expertise for all stakeholders - members, the broader industry, government, staff and the community; and
- sets the strategic direction of our industry and influences public policy.
- the provision of technical support and assistance
- provision of industrial relations services; and
- to promote, protect and further the interests of all those engaged in the Industry or businesses directly associated with or ancillary to the business of mobile crane hire
- to endeavour to act as a united organisation on behalf of all who use mobile cranes for hire and reward
- to promote consideration and discussion by all members on matters affecting mobile cranes and any other ancillary matters
- to collect, collate and disseminate information on all matters affecting mobile cranes
- to supply services and information of all kinds in relation to business operations
- to assist and facilitate the giving of assistance by members to each other in the performance of their businesses and encourage co-operation between operators and promote higher, efficient, reliable standards of service
- to act in relation to any governmental or other authority in such manners as the executive committee deems expedient in the interests of all members
- to make rules, regulations and bylaws not inconsistent with the constitution for the guidance of the association’s members
- to afford assistance to any member whose case warrants the united support of the association in any manner affecting mobile crane hire; and
- to encourage road and workplace safety.