Cost Effective Maintenance supplied a fuel enhancer to a Queensland thermal coal mine that resulted in a significant increase in mine production rate.
An analysis of mining records at the Queensland thermal coal mine using the FPC combustion catalyst supplied by Cost Effective Maintenance indicated 5.1% increase in truck haulage rates from 430.8 to 452.7 tonnes/hour operated.
This translates to an extra $31.6 million worth of steaming coal produced per annum for a mine producing 5 million tonnes of coal with tonnes shifted per litre of diesel increasing by 8.3%.The performance makes the FPC combustion catalysts ideal for mining operations that actively seek higher production efficiency, and lower cost per unit of production.
In addition to productivity gains, factors impacting the bottom line positively include direct energy cost reductions, reductions in carbon footprint per unit of production and extended engine service life.
A substantial percentage of the fuel charge normally burns in the exhaust system, where it is wasted. The FPC combustion catalyst burns fuel at a faster and more efficient rate, significantly reducing this wasteful ‘tail end’ burning, and increasing the power developed.
Key advantages of the FPC combustion catalyst:
- Haul trucks can achieve faster haul out times and more cycles per month
- Increased power results in greater ‘break out’ forces, faster response and faster cycle times for diesel loaders, excavators and shovels
- Improved truck utilisation as idle time in queues is reduced
- Significant energy savings due to the more efficient fuel combustion
- Approx. 8.3% higher tonnage of material is handled per litre of diesel