Cost Effective Maintenance provide FTC Decarbonizers, Cleanpower Fuel Treatment and Flushing Oil Concentrates that assist in increasing power and fuel economy.
Maximising performance and economy without any mechanical modification can be achieved by reducing the frictional horsepower losses through engines, transmissions, differentials and final drives. Up to 25% of an engine’s horsepower is lost to internal friction. This means that a 225HP engine actually develops 300HP in the combustion chamber, but loses 75HP before it reaches the flywheel.
A further 10% can be lost through the drive train, depending on how many components are involved. Friction cannot be reduced to zero but can always be improved. AW10 use in engines has demonstrated a 6% increase in power in a Commodore, and 13% in an old Navara diesel on the dynamometer. Added to drive line components, it releases the additional usable horsepower.
Fuel system deposits accumulate small amounts quickly causing deterioration in economy and performance. Cleanpower restores pristine cleanliness to fuel system components to restore and optimise the fuel efficiency.
FTC Decarbonizer is used widely in the mining, diesel power generation and road transport industries to produce fuel efficiency gains, even in brand new engines.
Ford Courier 4x4 1999 model, 2.5L Turbo Diesel had used the Flushing Oil Concentrate and Cleanpower Fuel Treatment. The results of this usage include:
- Engine revs went from 1500 to 2000 RPM soon after starting the flush
- Runs quieter and smoother
- Starts easier with no black cloud
- More power and torque
- Fuel economy improved from 7 to 8.5km/L
- Starts even easier
- Fuel economy improved further from 8.5 to 9.8km/L
- Engine runs more quietly and smoothly
- Increased power and torque, with more response down low, and holding higher gears travelling up hills
- Smoother gear shifts, esp from 2nd to 3rd
- Smoother gear shifts in the transfer case