A new range of touch screen panels is now available from Control Logic . The new G315 15-inch touch screen HMI panels feature a large 15" XGA (1024 x 768) display and are the latest addition to Red Lion’s popular line of G3 panels.
The G315 line of touch screen HMI panels adds an additional RS485 port to the G3 family’s standard complement of three serial ports and an Ethernet port. The two RS232 and two RS485 ports allow the G315 to communicate with virtually any serial device.
Key features of G315 touch screen HMI panels
- Ethernet 10/100 Base-TX port delivers superior connectivity by supporting up to ten protocols simultaneously
- USB programming port and an expansion slot to add optional communications card
- Provides users with extended serial communication or fieldbus connectivity such as Profibus, DeviceNet or CANOpen
- Standard integrated protocol converter allows the HMI to act as a communication hub between any and all connected devices
- Programmed via Red Lion Controls free Crimson 3.0 software
- Enables PLCs to communicate with any drive, SCADA and serial or Ethernet devices
- Integrated data logger can be used to record information in IT-ready CSV files on a CompactFlash card for further analysis or troubleshooting
- Embedded web server provides remote viewing and control capability with no extra software required
- Users can monitor and control their application or download data logs using HTTP or FTP access
Jesse Benefiel, Product Manager, Red Lion HMI products says that integrated features such as multiple-protocol support, data logging as well as built-in web and FTP servers enable the G315 to offer SCADA-like functionality at a fraction of the cost.
The Red Lion G3 series touch screen HMI panels offer a highly powerful communications platform, enabling a cost-effective solution for protocol conversion and data management in local as well as harsh, remote locations.