Red Lion Ethernet Expansion Cards for HMIs from Control Logic
The Red Lion G3 Series HMI family, now available with the new Ethernet expansion card, G3ENET offers enhanced functionality and flexibility to users.
In addition to supporting ten simultaneous Ethernet protocols, the G3 Series HMIs with the G3ENET Ethernet expansion card provide unprecedented communication with devices on two distinct Ethernet networks simultaneously without the need for an industrial router.
Saving cost and configuration time, the expansion card can be easily fitted to any G3 series HMI with only a single Ethernet port.
Key advantages of the enhanced G3 Series HMIs
- G3ENET Ethernet expansion card is easily installed using the supplied screws and a single cable, adding an additional 10 Base T/100 Base-Tx Ethernet port
- 2nd Ethernet port gives users the option to isolate machine level networks from the enterprise network, benefiting automation process engineers and IT managers
- Enables the engineer to assign a fixed IP address for the port connected to PLCs and drives, while allowing the IT manager to either select their own IP address or use DHCP to configure the enterprise port, offering easy functionality for all operators
- Provides complete data logging, remote monitoring and industry-leading serial communications for a comprehensive data management solution
- Most number of on-board communication ports in the industry
- Allows segregation of machine-network traffic from the plant-wide network, delivering exceptional versatility and advanced data management technology
Jesse Benefiel, Red Lion Product Manager notes that the additional Ethernet port for communication on different networks is a first for dedicated HMI platforms.
Jesse adds that by providing expanded flexibility, the G3ENET enhances the current robust platform and allows automation engineers to experience the latest advances in communication and standards with increased efficiency.
G3 Series HMIs and the G3ENET card are easily configured with Red Lion’s free Crimson software. Crimson’s drag-and-drop interface is an efficient, user-friendly technology that allows operators to set up control application devices, collect and log performance data, display data or trigger PLC functions.