Penny + Giles have released a variant of the popular contactless rotary position sensor range, which uses a factory programmable non-contact Hall effect sensor system. It is available from Control Devices (Aust) .
TPS280DP rotary position sensor are designed as modern alternatives to rotary potentiometers fitted on high performance race car and motorcycle induction systems.
Replacing a potentiometer with the TPS280DP rotary position sensors will eliminate premature failure due to electrical noise – caused by potentiometer wear. TPS280DP is life tested to 30 million cycles (60 million operations), more than NINE TIMES that of a potentiometer in this application.
TPS280DP rotary position sensor is mechanically interchangeable with most existing throttle potentiometers using 32mm mounting centers and is designed to interface with most common throttle body D type spindles. The sensor has a choice of 200 or 500mm cable lengths, with or without an MSS4P Mini Sure Seal connector fitted to the FDR-25 sheathed spec 55A cable. With sealing to IP69K, it is also able to withstand high pressure wash-downs.
The TPS280DP rotary position sensor operates from 5Vdc (and 9-30Vdc) and is factory programmed to allow a wide range of configurations.
- Standard output is dual channel
- Configurable output direction, for left or right fitment
- Electrically interchangeable with potentiometers
- More than 9x the life of a potentiometer
- Sealed to withstand high pressure wash-downs (IP69K)
- Mechanically interchangeable with potentiometers on 32mm mountings
- Measurement range from 20 to 360° in 1° increments
- 12 bit resolution (0.025%) over the angular range
- Analogue (0.5 - 4.5 or 0.1 - 4.9Vdc) or PWM outputs
- 2.5 or 0.15mS input/output delay
- Extremely low signal noise, for the life of the sensor
- Will operate from -40 to +140°C, with excursions to +170°C