These inclinometers provide inclination measurement in the ranges of ±10, ±30 and ±80 degrees, and are typically used in construction, mining, vehicles, aircraft, ships, transportation and conveyor systems, process control as well as in safety engineering applications.
A range of capacitive and liquid based inclinometers with integrated sensor electronics and current amplifier, the NG2I, NG3I and NG4I inclinometers provide for electronic temperature compensation to make up for the temperature drift of the sensitivity of the primary transformer. Stable operation is ensured for a range of supply voltages with an integrated, highly stable voltage regulator.
The inclinometers measure a linear relationship between the angle to be measured (up to 80 degrees for the NG4I) and the output signal that is calibrated during manufacture. The measuring time constant can be matched to the requirements of the measurement task by appropriate hardware programming.
The NG2I, NG3I and NG4I are suitable for applications requiring high measurement accuracy with high linearity and temperature stability as well as high long-term stability for measurement of large inclination angles, all powered via a 4...20mA current loop without the need for a separate supply voltage.
The sensor box SB1I with integrated NG inclinometer and a 4...20mA output signal is recommended for operation in especially harsh operating conditions.
Key features of NG2I, NG3I and NG4I inclinometers:
- Integrated sensor electronics including signal conditioner
- Temperature compensated, normalised 4...20ma output signal
- 2-wire connection, sensor power obtained from current loop
- Linear output characteristics
- High measurement accuracy
- Minimal linearity deviation
- High long-term stability
- Hysteresis-free output signal
- No interference by ambient electromagnetic fields
- Shock proof without moving mechanical parts
- Hermetically sealed
- Sensor electrically isolated from point of measurement
- Zero point adjustable through 360º using clamping ring
- Loop current limitation
- EMC certified