The SBG3I aluminium sensor housing is suitable for applications requiring precise acceleration or inclination measurements along three axes under harsh circumstances and returning of a 4-20mA output signal each.
The IP65 aluminium sensor housing also contains three independent signal conditioners, each with a 4-20mA, 2-wire output and three separate, highly stable voltage supply feeding off the corresponding current loop, one for each sensor.
Each signal conditioner includes an active low pass filter, whose upper cut-off frequency/ settling time can be adjusted to suit the measurement task in addition to an output stage with current limitation, a noise voltage filter and a diode bridge for unipolar connection to the current loop.
Interference signals caused by unwanted ground currents are eliminated by electrically isolating each sensor and signal conditioner from each other and the housing.
The SBG3I finds application in construction, mining, agricultural machinery, transportation and conveyor systems, ships, operation and automation technology as well as general mechanical engineering.
Key features of SBG3I pressure die-cast aluminium sensor housing:
- Robust pressure die-cast aluminium housing (IP65) with saltwater proof coating
- Twist-free 4-point fastening of rigid, 3.2mm thick base PCB
- Three integrated signal conditioners with 4-20mA, 2-wire outputs
- No separate supply voltage necessary
- All SEIKA sensors of the B-, BD- and N-series fit the housing and can be installed in different directions of operation
- Output signals calibrated to customer's specifications
- Sensors and signal conditioners electrically isolated from housing
- Both output channels are electrically isolated from and independent of each other
- EMC certified
- Internal, highly stable sensor supply voltages
- 10V - 30V terminal voltage
- Programmable dynamic response
- High mechanical overload resistance
- Low pass filter with optional choice of cut-off frequency for suppression of interference frequencies
- Special electronic temperature compensation system significantly reduces temperature sensitivity of sensors
- Compact PG cable gland and compact housing size in combination with 3-wire connection enable use in harsh operating conditions