Control Devices (Aust) and Penny & Giles introduce a new robust, hand-operated 12-bit programmable Hall-effect technology-based JC1500 joystick for single-axis operator control of cranes, aerial work platforms and other off-highway vehicles.
The compact joystick comes with a range of user-defined features enabling OEMs to quickly and efficiently build safe and reliable control systems. JC1500 is intended to be mounted in environments that are subject to external weather conditions all year round on applications such as vehicle cab controls and aerial work platform control panels.
JC1500 single-axis joysticks are designed with cast metal components to provide superior strength and reliability. The joysticks can be supplied with a wide range of handle and grip styles to suit specific applications.
To support unique, customer-specific handle shapes or design requirements, the JC1500 is also available in a no-handle version with a plain operating lever provided for interfacing with the joystick handle or grip.
The JC1500 features a 12-bit programmable Hall-effect sensing system with dual outputs. The joystick lever’s sensor is embedded at the pivot mechanism to ensure maximum output sensitivity over the full lever travel.
JC1500 Performance Features:
- Power requirements: 5Vdc regulated or 9-30Vdc unregulated power supply
- Over-voltage protection to 40Vdc with reverse polarity protection
- Dual outputs with independent output ramps
- Analogue (0.5 to 4.5Vdc) or digital (Pulse Width Modulated) signal outputs
- Spring return or friction hold lever action
- Optional centre or end of travel locks and detent features
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C @ 5Vdc
- Environmental protection to IP69K above the mounting panel
Additionally, OEMs can choose customisation options such as:
- Non-linear outputs
- Switched outputs
- Clamp voltages
- Extended analogue voltage to emulate potentiometer signals
Mechanical options available for the JC1500 include:
- Spring to centre lever action
- Friction hold lever action
- Centre or end locking functions
- Intermediate detent positions