The 34-pin rear connector can be adapted to interface with 37-pin SUB-D terminals by means of a cross-wire adaptor supplied with the option.
All the outputs are compatible with TTL and 24V logic, and are opto-isolated with respect to the input signal whenever the card is powered from an external source of 5V or 24V.
The BCD option, that can be installed in models ALPHA and BETA is supplied independently with an instructions manual and the following accessories:
- Adaptor for 37-pin SUB-D connector
- Integrated circuits for changing the logic
- Instructions manual
Functional features of the BCD output option
- Data output is updated at the same rate as the display reading whenever the TRIESTATE input is held low
- When the TRIESTATE input is pulled up to the high level, all the outputs go to high impedance state so that the bus can be used for other purposes
- DATA VALID signal goes active to indicate the data is available at the output
- The option can be configured for positive or negative true logic
- Configuration affects all the signals (data bits, DATA VALID, POLARITY and OVERRANGE) except the TRIESTATE input, which is controlled externally and always goes active by pulling it to the ‘1’ state
- For positive true logic, the outputs are active at the ‘1’ state and for negative true logic, they are active at the ‘0’ state